Saturday, 9 June 2012

Because reducing player performance to a number is what gaming is all about

Actual work-work is interfering with RL-work again, but I spent a free minute fudging together a scoring system for Mutant Aliens! So far (in my experience) it reliably gives negative scores for losers and positive scores for winners. Unfortunately to justify the scores to the player would require a proper postmortem screen. I guess I'll make one of those the next time I have a free minute (hour). No progress on Command, but every so often I take a moment to think about UI (I'll have to look up how libTCOD does mouse things), tutorials, how to phrase the introductory fragment of plot, actor behaviour, and so on. It won't be until mid-August that I can resume properly working on it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment